February is National Heart Month and we want strong healthy hearts for all of you!
Small changes can make a BIG difference in your hearts health!
- Schedule an appointment with your practitioner to talk about heart health. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Take advice and set goals.
- Add exercise to your daily routine. Walking 15 minutes 3x a week and then by mid-month increase to 30 minutes 3x a week will help get you to develop an exercise routine.
- Increase healthy eating. Limit the number of times you eat out in a week and increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and nuts. Limit your intake of salt by substituting fresh herbs and spices.
- Take steps to quit smoking. Quitting can decrease your risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Take medicines as prescribed for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Know your numbers – be aware of what your BP runs and both cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Take a CPR class! A free CPR class will be offered here at the church on Saturday, February 24th from 9am-12noon. Learn the skills of CPR and obstructed airway along with the use of an AED. (Sign-up on the sheet located on bulletin board #2 at the church.)
In His Healing Love, Sarah