October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!
Here are a few facts….
- Breast cancer is the second most common cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death in women.
- There are 2.5 million breast cancer survivors.
- 85% of women with breast cancer have no family history.
- Men can develop breast cancer too – their lifetime risk is 1:1000 8 of 10 breast lumps are benign.
- Risk increases as age increases. Overall lifetime risk in women to develop breast cancer is 1:8.
- Pain is an uncommon symptom in breast cancer; 5-10% breast cancer is inherited; the most common mutation is in the BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 genes.
Please schedule – don’t put off your mammograms!
In His healing love, Sarah
Watch the bulletins for an announcement concerning this year’s flu clinic!